Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from "Everyday Food'. An easy to make, ellegant dessert. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie crust (not in a pie plate)
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1 1⁄3 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, with rack in center.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie dough to a 12-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Wrap dough around rolling pin, and unwrap over a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of pan; trim edge of dough.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, light corn syrup, 4 teaspoons melted unsalted butter, and the vanilla.
- Scatter chocolate evenly over tart shell.
- Pour filling over chocolate.
- Arrange pecans on top, as desired.
- Dot with 2 teaspoons chilled butter.
- Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until filling is set, 45 to 60 minutes.
- If pecans are browning to quickly, tent pan with foil.
- Remove from oven; while still hot, drizzle with bourbon, if desired.
- Let tart cool completely before serving.