Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a local grocery store's email.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a baking sheet well.
- Place the flour, cocoa, and powdered sugar in a food processor.
- Turn the machine on and slowly add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Add the vanilla and process until the dough forms a ball on top of the blades.
- In the palms of your hands, roll the dough into circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and press each circle of dough down with the bottom of a glass until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the dough with the granulated sugar and pecans and press again to flatten.
- Bake the cookies until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cool them on the baking sheet before serving.