Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've been making it for at least 10 years. It's a sophisticated-tasting cake for the holidays, and can easily be prepared in mini-bundt pans as gifts. I love the ease of cake mix cake recipes.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup pecan pieces, divided
- powdered sugar
- Combine first seven ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and half of the nuts.
- Beat for 2 minutes longer.
- Fold in remaining chips and nuts.
- Batter will be VERY stiff.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Allow to cool completely on rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.