2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is really a WOW dessert, truly amazing! Godiva chocolate web site. We are making these for Thanksgiving day! ;) I thought it was too involved but I was out-voted! So here's how: ;) Special equipment 10 tart pans with removable bottoms - 3-1/2 to 4 inches.Didn't account for cooling times.
My Private Note
tarts ( ...
Units: US | Metric
COCOA SUGAR DOUGH
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup godiva hot cocoa powder, Dark Truffle Flavor
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, diced (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE FILLING
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup godiva hot cocoa powder, Dark Truffle Flavor
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ounces godiva dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 -1.5 oz bars)
BOURBON VANILLA SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- fresh raspberry (if doable!)
- 1MAKE COCOA SUGAR DOUGH:.
- 2Sift flour and cocoa powder onto a piece of waxed paper and set aside.
- 3Place butter and sugar in bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- 5Add sifted ingredients to butter mixture and beat just until combined.
- 6Do not overwork.
- 7Divide the dough into ten small disks on a generously floured work surface.
- 8Stack the disks of dough, placing a piece of waxed paper between each.
- 9Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 10Place each disc in between two sheets of waxed paper and roll to about 1/8-inch thick; place dough in tart pans.
- 11Set aside.
- 12MAKE PIE FILLING::.
- 13Preheat oven to 350°F and position rack in center of oven.
- 14Heat corn syrup, sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- 15Beat eggs in bowl with a whisk.
- 16Slowly pour corn syrup mixture into eggs, whisking constantly until well combined.
- 17Whisk in bourbon.
- 18Divide chopped pecans and chopped chocolate among pastry-filled tart pans.
- 19Divide filling among tart pans, filling each about three-fourths full.
- 20Bake for 12 minutes or until set.
- 21Cool on wire rack.
- 22Refrigerate until serving time.
- 23MAKE CANDIED PECANS:.
- 24Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 25Heat water and sugar in small saucepan to a boil.
- 26Remove from heat.
- 27Reserve 1/3 cup.
- 28*Remaining syrup can be saved for another use, such as sweetening drinks.
- 29Spread pecans in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 30Bake for about 5 minutes.
- 31Drizzle one-half syrup (about 3 tablespoons) over nuts and toss to coat.
- 32Bake for 7 minutes more or until syrup begins to crystallize.
- 33Drizzle with remaining syrup and toss again.
- 34Bake for 5 minutes more.
- 35MAKE BOURBON BANILLA SAUCE:.
- 36Heat 1 cup cream, milk, vanilla bean and 1/4 cup sugar in medium saucepan to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 37Beat remaining sugar with egg yolks in bowl with a whisk.
- 38Carefully pour one-third milk mixture into eggs, whisking constantly.
- 39Return the egg mixture to pan; Cook over low heat until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- 40Stir in bourbon.
- 41Remove from heat and strain into a bowl through a fine sieve.
- 42Chill in an ice bath and add remaining cream when cool.
- 43TO SERVE:.
- 44Spoon some bourbon vanilla sauce on plate.
- 45Sprinkle with some candied pecans & raspberries.
- 46Remove tarts from pans and place on sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pecan Pies With Bourbon Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.3
- Calories from Fat 520
- Total Fat 57.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 290.0 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: