Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yummy Chocolate Pecan Pie. Very rich but VERY good!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fit piecrust into 9" pie plate, fold edges under and crimp.
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate morsels evenly onto bottom of piecrust and set aside.
- Combine sugars, corn syrup, and water (or bourbon) in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients.
- Gradually stir about one fourth of the hot mixture into egg mixture.
- Add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constanly.
- Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.
- Cool on rack.