Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is an awesome cookie - the chocolate pecan filling is just so yummy on the buttery, cookie crust.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup or 1 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 6 ounces chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Grease 15x10-inch baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat flour, ½ cup sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For filling: Stir corn syrup and chocolate in saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until well-blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until filling is firm around edges and slightly soft in center.
- Cool in pan.