Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an awesome cookie - the chocolate pecan filling is just so yummy on the buttery, cookie crust.
- For crust: Grease 15x10-inch baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat flour, ½ cup sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For filling: Stir corn syrup and chocolate in saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until well-blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until filling is firm around edges and slightly soft in center.
- Cool in pan.
Oh, these are good, good. There are only 3 of us in the house, so I did half the recipe and put it in an 8 x 8 pan. Worked like a charm. Thanks, Evelyn!
I made this for our family reunion. We were having a picnic outdoors so I needed a dessert that didn't need refrigeration, and could be eaten by hand without being too messy. This was the perfect recipe. The crust is so buttery and delicious, while the chocolate pecan topping is, in my opinion, better than a pecan pie! Thanks so much! Made for ZWT3.
Yummm - I had leftover pecans I needed to use up, and this sounded great! I did run out of butter, so I subbed with 1/2 shortening (MEAN would have been disheartened) - but they turned out great!