Recipe by Julie in TX
This is one of my adopted recipes. If you love chocolate and pecans, this pie is for you! It's not for someone counting carbs or calories though. If you want to be even more decadent, you can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream. Yummy!!!! I like to make pecan pie with pecan halves instead of chopping them up.
Top Review by Manami
Hi Julie in Tx, this pie is awesome! We all like it very much and have been making it for quite awhile now. When I found it on the landolakes web site, I decided to post it. However, you beat me to it by a few years! I used more semi-sweet chocolate chips(4 oz or more), garnished it with pecan halves, drizzled with melted choclate chips & whipped cream. Thank you for sharing, Diane :)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 ounces baking chocolate, Melt & Cool
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons regular margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave. I would do this in the mixing bowl to save on clean-up.
- Combine the sugar, salt, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and the melted chocolate/butter mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the mixture until it is well blended, using an electric mixture set to medium speed.
- Stir in the pecans and pour the mixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pie is set. The pie will be puffy when it comes out of the oven and will sink while cooling. Cool on a wire rack.