Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
From the cookbook "Big Chocolate Cookbook" by Gertrude Parke. What could be better than chocolate tinged pecan pie??
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces chocolate, squares
- 1 salt, pinch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 pastry crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the pastry, roll it out, and use it to line a 9" pie pan.
- Beat the eggs well, add the sugar, and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Add the melted butter and the chocolate.
- Stir in the salt and lemon juice.
- Add the pecans and pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 deg F oven for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.