Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
this delicious little ditty came from family circle magazine. it is really good but be warned it is really really really rich and not to be eatten by anyone with sugar problems.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, ground (about 3.25-ounce package)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (about 8.5-ounce package)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pecan halves
- whipped cream (optional)
- heat oven to 350°.
- crust: mix crumbs, pecans, butter and salt in bowl until combined.
- press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate to make firm crust.
- bake in 350° oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- remove from oven.
- filling: heat together the condensed milk and salt in heavy-bottomed, medium-size saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until bubbles just start to form around edge of pan and mixture begins to steam.
- add cream and pecans.
- bring to a gentle simmer.
- remove from heat.
- stir in chocolate until melted.
- stir in vanilla.
- pour into crust.
- let cool on rack to room temperature.
- refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until cold and firm.
- topping: stir together oil, water and sugar in small saucepan.
- bring to a boil.
- add pecans; stir to coat.
- cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- line baking sheet with foil.
- pour pecan mixture onto foil.
- separate pecans using 2 forks.
- let cool.
- scatter over pie, and serve with whipped cream, if desired.