Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a Betty Croker Recipe. We take this to Holiday events and it's always a crowd pleaser.
Make and share this Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
Best Flaky Pastry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons rum, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, halves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing knives, until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. Roll pastry, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside-down pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, bourbon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the eggs with hand beater. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excess browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake pie 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours until chilled.