- 1 pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, broken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons somebody's mother's chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the bottom of the pie shell generously with the chocolate sauce.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the corn syrup, pecans, vanilla and salt.
- Fill the shell. Bake the pie about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the filling comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
- Spoon warm chocolate over each slice of pie.