Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A sinfully rich pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- graham cracker crust or chocolate wafer pie crust
- Toast pecans on baking sheet for 4 minutes in a 350 oven; remove.
- Raise temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In small pan over low heat, stir butter and chocolate chips until melted, about 1 minute.
- In mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; blend in molasses, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and and pecans.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust and bake until filling is set, about 45 minutes.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.