Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is great to bring to a party
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Combine evaporated milk, margarine, and chocolate morsels in a small saucepan; place over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine next 6 ingredients; stir in chocolate mixture. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minute.
This is one of the best pies, so rich and decadent with a dollop of whipped cream on top. It turns out more like a very soft pudding- like brownie pie. Guests all wanted the recipe. Easy to make. The filling did make too much for a frozen crust that I used. I just put the rest of the batter into a custard dish and baked for about 20 minutes, left pie in to finish baking. Am baking another tomorrow for visiting friends. This will be my go to desert.