Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My "nephew-in-law" made this for our Thanksgiving feast and I have to share it. This is a scrumptous take on the very familiar pecan pie that will please chocolate lovers as well. We all were very impressed with this young man for turning out such a treasure!
- 1 (4 ounce) packagebakers German sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- whipped cream (optional) or Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave on high heat for 2 minutes or till butter is melted. Stir to dissolve chocolate.
- Stir corn syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans reserving 8 halves for garnish. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake 55 minutes in preheated oven or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. To serve, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and pecan halves, if desired. To be extra fancy, dip the pecans halfway into melted chocolate and allow to set before using.