Recipe by Bayhill
This is a delicious change from the traditional pecan pie.
Top Review by Divaconviva
This was quick and easy to make. I served it for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. We liked this well enough, but for us, it's like a bar-cookie in a crust. If I make this again, I would simply make the filling, omit the crust and cut into smaller triangles. Nice combination of flavors. Thanks for posting!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Blend in sugar, flour, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm on top. Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.
- If desired, can garnish with whipped cream, pecans, and a few chocolate chips.