Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a delicious change from the traditional pecan pie.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Blend in sugar, flour, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm on top. Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.
- If desired, can garnish with whipped cream, pecans, and a few chocolate chips.
This was really a nice change from an ordinary pecan pie. Yes, it is much more like a cookie bar in a pie crust, but it was sooo worth making. Super easy, super yummy. Thanks Bayhill, for a great new and different pie recipe. We all loved it! Especially good when served warm with vanilla ice cream!
This was super easy! My 14yo made it pretty much on her own. We doubled the ingredients and made two pies; one for family and one i took to work. Comments from work were fabulous and everyone loved it. Deffinately would make again.
This was quick and easy to make. I served it for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. We liked this well enough, but for us, it's like a bar-cookie in a crust. If I make this again, I would simply make the filling, omit the crust and cut into smaller triangles. Nice combination of flavors. Thanks for posting!