Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have made this many times it's easy to make and very good, if desired the pecans can be replaced with chopped walnuts, and for special occasions add in a couple tablespoons bourbon or dark rum :)
- 1 prepared pie pastry (to fit bottom of a 9-inch pie dish)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsley chopped pecans
- whipped cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit prepared pastry in a 9-inch glass pie plate, flute the edge.
- In a large bowl whisk corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, melted chocolate, flour, vanilla and salt until very well blended.
- Add/mix in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared pastry.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden and the filling is set in the center when the pie is shaken slightly (the pie will firm up even more after removing from the oven).
- Cool the pie completely on a wire rack.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
So easy, with great flavor, and results. I made no adjustments to this, infact Kittencal, this was so easy, I am going to see if my two kids can make this in the future. Made for new zaar tag.