Recipe by carolinafan
I especially like this pie because it has German chocolate in it. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 (4 ounce) packagebaker's German sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Microwave chocolate and margarine in large microwavable bowl on high 2 minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in corn syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans, reserving 8 halves for garnish, if desired. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped topping and pecan halves, if desired.