Prep 20 mins
Cook 52 mins
From Domino Sugar.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup domino dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (for shaving and dipping pecan halves)
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- pecan halves, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust to slightly larger than a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Gently fit pastry into plate. Fold over - hang back on top, crimp top edge for decoration. Pierce pastry with a fork. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter with the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add dark brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Add the butter/chocolate and blend thoroughly. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour filling into partially baked crust.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream, topped lightly with chocolate shavings. Garnish with chocolate dipped pecan halves if desired.
Made this pie for thanksgiving it was the first pie to go. every one loved it.