Recipe by SouthernBell2627
Chocolate and Pecans...what is there not to love? This pie satisfies the taste buds of chocolate lovers and pecan lovers. Excellent! Very good! Recipe is from "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005.
- 1 (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 12 pecan halves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Fit the piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate; crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; beat in flour and then sugar. Continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until completely combined. Fold in chopped pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Place remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over top of pie. Top with remaining pecans.
- Allow to cool completely.