- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell or 2 regular size pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven to preheat it.
- In a bowl beat together corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs.
- In the bottom of the pie crust, arrange pecans as neatly as you can and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of them.
- Pour syrup mixture on top slowly so as not to disturb the pecans to much or move the chips much.
- Place the pie on the preheated cookie sheet bake for about 1 hour checking after 45 minutes since ovens vary.
- Pie is done when a deep golden brown and filling is “set”.
- Remove from oven and cool completely!
- Store in refrigerator.