Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oooohhh sooooo goood and remember us southern people call them PEE-CANS.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell or 2 regular size pie crusts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven to preheat it.
- In a bowl beat together corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs.
- In the bottom of the pie crust, arrange pecans as neatly as you can and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of them.
- Pour syrup mixture on top slowly so as not to disturb the pecans to much or move the chips much.
- Place the pie on the preheated cookie sheet bake for about 1 hour checking after 45 minutes since ovens vary.
- Pie is done when a deep golden brown and filling is “set”.
- Remove from oven and cool completely!
- Store in refrigerator.
I was going to submit my recipe for this and found out this recipe is exactly like mine with one exception, the pecans and chips are added to the filling then poured into the shell, either way this is a great pecan pie. I am also a suthener, TX to be exact, we have tons of pecan trees growing wild here (3 in my yard) and I know a good pecan pie! I sometimes serve mine with a spoonfull of whipped cream topped with a pecan half dipped in chocolate, if I want to be fancy.
Just so ya know, in MS we call them pacauns ...LOL. GA says Pea Cans.... and New Yorkers...
This is a very easy and delicious recipe!! Can't wait to make it again!