Recipe by dojemi
This is my alltime favorite pecan pie recipe. The entire thing is done in the food processor. Tip: Let the frozen pie crust defrost slightly and move it from the aluminum foil pan to my own deep dish pie plate because it is so much more attractive when served.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, plus
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, for decoration
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 ready to bake pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate over low heat or microwave at 50% power with butter until melted.
- Pulse 1 cup pecans in processor until broken into small.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and pulse 2-3 times to mix.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Decorate top with pecan halves, chocolate bits and chopped pecans if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.