Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are absolutely FANTASTIC. I took the original recipe idea from allrecipes.com and modified it to make it my own... I knew that these cookies were a keeper when my oatmeal-cookie-HATING younger brothers DEVOURED half the batch right off the cooling rack!!! I wasn’t even done baking yet! My parents also RAVED over these cookies and now ask me to make them for their bake sales, parties, co-workers, etc. Which isn’t a problem because they are sooo easy to make. Hope you enjoy! Note: I recommend using an electric mixer for the ingredients up until adding the oatmeal, chocolate chips, and pecans... It works wonderfully
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats, old fashioned
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in baking soda, salt, and flour until just combined (Don’t over-mix flour!=tough cookie. blech!).
- Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips, and pecans until evenly combined.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (I use a medium-sized cookie scoop…So easy!).
- Place cookies in preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on your preference/oven).
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Be Happy!
Good cookies even for a non-cookie eater like myself! Thanks! Will definitely be making more! Hubby just LOVES them!
These are a keeper! Thank you theatrenut! Very easy to make! Am eating one as we speak, and I am sure my dear daughter as she gets off the bus will want to thank you too!!
These ARE really good oatmeal cookies. I only made one adjustment and added only a half a teaspoon of salt -1 teaspoon seemed like too much to me. Thanks!