Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Grated orange rind gives these crisp cookies a unique flavour. From Canadian Living.
Make and share this Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange rind.
- In a separate bowl mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into batter along with the chocolate chips and pecans until well blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on pans on racks 2 minutes then transfer to rack. Let cool completely.