Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light and delicious candy, perfect for Christmas. I got this from an old friend of my mother's who makes out of the ordinary treats.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, broken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a cooky sheet with parchment paper.
- (This prevents the delicate candy from crumbling when removed from the pan.) Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until light and frothy.
- Do not underbeat!
- Add sugar gradually, beating until very stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla while beating.
- Fold in chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes.