Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Light and Decadent! Cooking Light's version of a European confection especially popular at Passover. Here, the use of pecans adds a taste of the American South.
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted (kosher for passover)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating with a mixer at medium speed until combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add vanilla, and beatt well. fold in pecans.
- Drop batter by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes or until dry on the surface and centers are soft. Remove from oven, cool on wire racks for 15 minutes or until cookies can be easily removed with a spatula.