Recipe by looneytunesfan
This delectable dessert layers my favorite ice cream (chocolate) and my husband's favorite (butter pecan) on a shortbread crust, along with chocolate candy pieces, toasted pecans and caramel topping.
Top Review by Bobbie
I've made this twice now and apparently have neglected to rate it. It was a hit both times -- and I have a gal waiting on the recipe who had a piece the last time I made it. I did bake the crust in a 350 oven for about 10-12 minutes. I think it makes for a crispier crust. When working with the ice cream, I let each layer freeze before proceeding on to the next one. I think it would be difficult to work layering such soft ice cream on top of each other. I did some variations on the top -- using a cracked up Heath bar one time and some other toffee crisps I had another time. This is a devine dessert and seconds are requested quite often.
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 12 shortbread cookies with pecans, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted, divided
- 1⁄2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 gallon chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramel topping and candy bars. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until candy bars are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Chop 1/2 cup pecans; set aside. Spoon half of the butter pecan ice cream over crust. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Spread half of the chocolate ice cream over top. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans.
- Spoon remaining butter pecan ice cream around the edge of pan; spread remaining chocolate ice cream in center of pan. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Top with remaining pecan halves; drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce. Serve with remaining caramel sauce.