Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very moist. Use your favorite frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- Beat cake mix, mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened, stopping to scrape down sides; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together coconut, brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool and frost.