Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A Foodnetwork recipe courtesy: Paula Deen, 2009. I haven't tried this yet but it looked sooo ono!
Make and share this Chocolate Pecan Cobbler (Paula Deen) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- ice cream (optional)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
CARAMEL WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the butter in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish and put the dish in the oven until butter is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, the flour, and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- Add the milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Pour over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa, the pecans, and toffee bits; sprinkle evenly over the sugar mixture.
- Slowly pour boiling water over top of the cobbler.
- Bake until top of the cobbler looks set, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, Caramel Whipped Cream and pecans, if desired.
- To make the Caramel Whipped Cream: Combine the cream and sugar in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk or beater until soft peaks form. Add the caramel syrup, and lightly fold together.