Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Houston Chronicle and thought those who wanted to omit flour from their diet might enjoy these. I can't wait to give them a try myself!
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 2⁄3 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Sift confectioners' sugar and cocoa together in a large bowl.
- Add pecans to sugar and cocoa mixture; stir to combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, using a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip egg whites until foamy, add salt and vanilla, and beat to soft peaks; do not allow mixture to get stiff or dry.
- Gently fold egg whites into the confectioners' sugar mixture, using a rubber spatula, until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon, drop batter onto a cookie sheet (12 to a sheet).
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.