Recipe by Curlee
A family favorite. I got this recipe off a Pillsbury box many years ago. My family does not like nuts, so I leave them out. Sometimes I use devils food cake mix but always Pillsbury Plus.
Top Review by J. Ko
I made this for PAC Spring 2008. This is a quick, easy, great-tasting dessert. I could not find PIllsbury cake mixes in any of our local groceries, so I used a Duncan Hines dark chocolate cake mix. (I'm sure all good-quality cake mixes are created equal.) Anyway, our whole family enjoyed these bars and they are definitely on the "make again" list. A word of caution: they are quite sweet, so definitely cut the pan into 36 squares/bars.
- 18 ounces dark chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350°F; grease 9x13-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, egg; mix at low speed until combined. Stir in pecans. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture evenly in bottom of greased pan.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy. Add remaining filling ingredients and beat at medium speed until smooth. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is puffed and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars and store in refrigerator. Enjoy.