Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
ricotta cheese and nuts, simple and only 45 minutes...nice 8 inch cheesecake.
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 whole eggs
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good semisweet chocolate, broken
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (garnish)
- 3 ounces grated semisweet chocolate (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8 inch spring form pan.
- Prepare melted butter and combine with vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Press onto bottom of buttered pan.
- To prepare the filling, beat the ricotta, maple syrup, eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat until nice and smooth.
- Bring whipping cream to a low boil and stir int the broken chocolate.
- Remove from heat and melt completely.
- Cool slightly.
- Blend into the cheese mixture.
- Stir in the 3/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes, or until set.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack and then wrap and chill.
- Remove rim just before serving, and place nuts around outer edge, and sprinkle with grated chocolate and powdered icing sugar.