Recipe by ~Bekah~
I recently found this in a magazine and it is wonderful. Very rich and almost sinful. Definitely a holiday dessert. I hope you like it. Cook time does not include refrigerating.
- 3 cups pecan pieces, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels (the wrapped caramel cubes)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put 2 cups of the pecans into a food processor or blender and process until finely ground.
- Mix pecans with granulated sugar and melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned (if this puffs up during cooking, just lightly pressed down with a spoon).
- Microwave caramels and 1/3 of the whipping cream on high 3 minutes or until the caramels are melted, stirring often.
- Pour into crust.
- Lightly chop the remaining pecans and sprinkle over the caramel mixture.
- Put the rest of the whipping cream, chocolates, powdered sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat stirring often until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the pie and spread to cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.