Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a nice square all wrapped up to give for gifts.
Make and share this Chocolate Pecan Caramel Candy Bars 2010 recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml chilled unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 44.37 ml honey
- 29.58 ml maple syrup or 29.58 ml corn syrup
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 354.88 ml pecans or 354.88 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line 9 x 13 pan with greased foil, making sure you have overhand on each long side to lift out for easier cutting.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place light brown sugar and flour into a bowl, add chilled butter, I usually grate it, and mix with pie blender blade or forks until like peas, as you would a pie crust.
- Transfer topan and bake for 12 minutes.
- In saucepan heat the butter, add the dark brown sugar, honey and syrup, and cream over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring to make sure all is combined.Once it has come to a full rolling boil time it for one minute, turn off heat. Remove and pour over the cooked base while still hot and bubbling.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the topping.
- Return to the 350 degree oven and bake again for another 12 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Until the whole carmelly filling is bubbling all over top.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips evenly. Let sit until melted then swirl over top lightly.
- Let cool completely.
- Lift out of pan, invert, peel off the foil.
- Cut ito bars.
- Store in air tight container, with waxed paper between each layer.
- Stack for gift giving with a small piece of waxed paper between each bar, cello wrap and tie with ribbon. A nice stack of of five works nicely.