a nice square all wrapped up to give for gifts.
My Private Note
1 1/2 x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1Line 9 x 13 pan with greased foil, making sure you have overhand on each long side to lift out for easier cutting.
- 2Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 3Place light brown sugar and flour into a bowl, add chilled butter, I usually grate it, and mix with pie blender blade or forks until like peas, as you would a pie crust.
- 4Transfer topan and bake for 12 minutes.
- 5In saucepan heat the butter, add the dark brown sugar, honey and syrup, and cream over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring to make sure all is combined.Once it has come to a full rolling boil time it for one minute, turn off heat. Remove and pour over the cooked base while still hot and bubbling.
- 6Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the topping.
- 7Return to the 350 degree oven and bake again for another 12 minutes to 15 minutes.
- 8Until the whole carmelly filling is bubbling all over top.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Sprinkle with the chocolate chips evenly. Let sit until melted then swirl over top lightly.
- 11Let cool completely.
- 12Lift out of pan, invert, peel off the foil.
- 13Cut ito bars.
- 14Store in air tight container, with waxed paper between each layer.
- 15Stack for gift giving with a small piece of waxed paper between each bar, cello wrap and tie with ribbon. A nice stack of of five works nicely.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pecan Caramel Candy Bars 2010
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g