Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious! Stop drooling, start cooking! HAHA!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1/2 stick of the butter in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar, coconut, pecans, chocolate morsels and milk; blend well.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 stick of butter, the vanilla, water and egg; beat until the batter is thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Pour over the coconut pecan mixture, bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a serving plate, coconut pecan mixture on top.
- Serve the cake warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.
This cake was so dry and I didn't do anything different than what you said to do. The taste wasn't bad, but extremely dry.