Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from "Woman's World" magazine,February 28, 2006. The picture of the finished project looked delicious!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans white frosting
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Divide batter between pans; sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake 30 minutes on until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine 1 cup frosting, grated chocolate, and remaining chopped pecans.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with frosting mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer; spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Garnish with pecan halves.