Recipe by the41stgrave
Ready in less than an hour, these fudgy treats are delightfully sweet and rich. For light, moist brownies, cool chocolate mixture completely before combining it with other ingredients; test doneness 2-3 minutes before the suggested baking time.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove immediately from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate morsels and vanilla extract until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Cool completely.
- Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradully stir in flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in remaining chocolate morsels and nuts into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares.