Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Whoever thought a vegan dessert could ever be so rich and decadent? Try this tantilizing confection and chide yourself for ever thinking vegan baking was dull. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the tofu, sweetener, vanilla, oil, and cocoa powder until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Add the pecans and tofy mixture, and mix gently until just mixed.
- If the batter is too dry, add a splash of water.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled 8x8 cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before icing and cutting into squares.