Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 1⁄4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons shortening
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Press into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt chocolate with corn syrup over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add pecans.
- Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars.