Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's from Australian Women's Weekly/ Biscuits and Slices. It's fast and easy to make and also taste good. I subsituted sesame seeds for peanuts and it worked fine and I guess it can be done with any other nuts.Enjoy!
- 125 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts, extra (for rolling)
- Beat butter, vanilla, sugar and egg till smooth. Stir in flour and cocoa, then peanuts. Make small balls - or bigger if you like them bigger- roll in extra nuts, place on greased oven tray, flatten slightly. Allow a few cm between cookies. Bake in moderate oven for about 15 minutes or until firm. Cool.
This recipe for me created the perfect cookie - the perfect amount, the perfect texture, the perfect shape and size. I did not roll them in nuts but added the extra nuts into the cookie mix. I used mixed nuts as that was what I had on hand and had a wonderful result.
Very simple and wonderful little cookies. Do not omit rolling the dough in the finely chopped peanuts; this is the step that takes the cookie up a notch. Made for Sweet Traditions.