Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
A 2-layer chocolate cake filled with creamy peanut butter layers and fudge topping. This is an impressive, yet relatively easy dessert.
- 414.03 ml flour
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml boiling water
CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 414.03 ml nonfat milk, cold
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk, cold
- 28.34 g package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 44.37 ml butter
- 28.34 g unsweetened chocolate
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk
- Line two 9-inch round baking pans with wax paper and coat with nonstick spray. Dust with flour, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla; add to dry mixture. Beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans, then move to wire rack and cool completely.
- For the filling, whisk 1 3/4 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 mintues.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and remaining milk until smooth. Fold into pudding. Chill 1 hour.
- For topping, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar and milk. Cool until spreadable and spread over cake.
This was fantastic! DH loved it and I had a taste and it was very tasty! He is so lucky to have it all to himself! LOL I didn't have any vanilla instant pudding so I used white chocolate instant pudding! This was so very easy to make and make sure you chill it really well before cutting! On top I put some Hershey Kisses for decoration! This was made for Spring PAC 09 Jelly :)