Recipe by SweetySJD
A 2-layer chocolate cake filled with creamy peanut butter layers and fudge topping. This is an impressive, yet relatively easy dessert.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This was fantastic! DH loved it and I had a taste and it was very tasty! He is so lucky to have it all to himself! LOL I didn't have any vanilla instant pudding so I used white chocolate instant pudding! This was so very easy to make and make sure you chill it really well before cutting! On top I put some Hershey Kisses for decoration! This was made for Spring PAC 09 Jelly :)
- 414.03 ml flour
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml boiling water
CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 414.03 ml nonfat milk, cold
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk, cold
- 28.34 g package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 44.37 ml butter
- 28.34 g unsweetened chocolate
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Line two 9-inch round baking pans with wax paper and coat with nonstick spray. Dust with flour, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla; add to dry mixture. Beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans, then move to wire rack and cool completely.
- For the filling, whisk 1 3/4 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 mintues.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and remaining milk until smooth. Fold into pudding. Chill 1 hour.
- For topping, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar and milk. Cool until spreadable and spread over cake.