1/2 Photos of Chocolate Peanut Torte
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
A 2-layer chocolate cake filled with creamy peanut butter layers and fudge topping. This is an impressive, yet relatively easy dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 3/4 cups nonfat milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk, cold
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1Line two 9-inch round baking pans with wax paper and coat with nonstick spray. Dust with flour, set aside.
- 2In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 3In another bowl combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla; add to dry mixture. Beat 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in boiling water. Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
- 5Cool 10 minutes in pans, then move to wire rack and cool completely.
- 6For the filling, whisk 1 3/4 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 mintues.
- 7In a saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and remaining milk until smooth. Fold into pudding. Chill 1 hour.
- 8For topping, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar and milk. Cool until spreadable and spread over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Torte
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 326.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat creamy peanut butter