Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I found this recipe in a holiday hand-out. Not a diabetic pie, but it looked sooo good. Maybe a potluck at church kinda pie?? Who knows. Try it...Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by DeniseBC
I am giving this 5 stars because DH gobbled it right up and deemed it a success. I made as directed but used the peanut butter sandwich Girl Scout cookes instead of Nutter Butter's. The pudding layer, made as directed, is really stiff and hard to layer with the light, fluffy whipped topping. Next time I think will try making each box of pudding per the box directions for a pudding pie and see if is easier to work with. Because the pudding and whipped topping was so hard to work with, my pie was not very pretty, but it was yummy! Made for the I Recommend Tag Feb '10
- 1 already prepared chocolate cookie pie crust (I use OREO)
- 12 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Nutter Butters in half crosswise.
- Mix the pudding and milk. Spoon half the pudding into the crust and place the cookies on the pudding.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping into the remaining pudding and spread on top of the cookie layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent a "skin" forming and refrigerate three hours.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping just before serving.