Recipe by Bee_410606361
I love this recipe, it is rich and a supreme combination of chocolate and peanut butter- even better than those peanut butter cups. I was at home watching a TV cooking show when this came on.
Top Review by Bee_410606361
I made this recipe for a kitchen tea/baby shower and it went down a treat. Everyone there asked for the recipe. The longest part of this is the refrigeration, I just did that the night before. It was so rich, so beautiful.
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup nutella (choc-hazelnut spread)
- 250 g chocolate (dark or milk is your choice)
- 200 g heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl; beat on slow speed for 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Bake in a moderate (180°) oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool cake before cutting into 3 layers.
- Line tin with enough (Glad wrap) cling film to cover the whole cake.
- Melt chocolate in a pan, remove pan from the stove and stir in cream, just enough to combine.
- If you over stir the cream/chocolate it will make the cream go icky.
- Add Peanut butter and Nutella and stir through.
- Leave gnash on the bench to cool.
- Spread enough gnash on the bottom and middle layers, so that they stick together.
- Spread the rest of the gnash on the top and sides of the cake.
- Cover the cake with the glad wrap and return to the fridge for at least 2 hours, over night is even better.
- And there you have a beautiful cake.