I got this recipe from the inside of the cream cheese carton- Yum! I do recommend doubling the chocolate cookie crumbs as some reviewers have noted it doesn't cover the bottom of the pan very well with only 2 cups.
- In a medium bowl combine the crust ingredients, mix well.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Refrigerate crust for 20-30 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, combine filling ingredients, and blend at low speed for 30 seconds, and then on medium high speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread over crust.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. (You can also microwave the chips at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth).
- Stir in peanut butter, blend well. (If using microwave method, you might want to microwave for 30 seconds to melt the peanut butter a bit after adding it to the chocolate).
- Stir in peanuts.
- Spread over filling.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, store leftovers in the refrigerator as well.
I love this! It combines my favorite things: peanuts, chocolate and cream cheese! I'm definitely making this for my next bake sale!
I made this without the chopped peanuts. It was a hit. The only problem we had was the topping was hard and the second layer was so soft that whenever we cut into them, filling squished out. I would like it with a softer chocolate layer. I also used another 1/2 recipe of the bottom layer.
This dessert is so easy to put together and the end result is extremely delicious! I got to say though, I found that the peanut butter flavour was all I could taste. I think the topping would have been fine without the additional pb in it because I had a piece of the bar without the chocolate topping included and the choc/pb combo was perfect! and I did not double the crust. I will definitely be making these bars again in the near future because they were so easy, rich, delicious, man I can't find words to describe them otherwise. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.