Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A sweet cool down treat. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stir constantly.
- Stir for about 8 min, or until thickened.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Crush cookies in a food processor/blender until finely crushed.
- Melt remaining butter and stir into crushed cookies. Press into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over crust, then freeze.
- Stir peanuts into chocolate mixture, and spread over the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze 3-4 hours.