Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Found in Simple and Delicious magazine from Jul 2009. I forgot how much we loved this dessert that summer. It is not hard to put together but you do have to allow plenty of time for freezing so I'd make it the night before you actually want to serve it (or at least very early in the morning the day of ). To soften ice cream set it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before using, or let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter cream filled sandwich cookies, crushed (think Nutter Butter)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat. Stir in crushed cookie crumbs until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Coarsely chop.
- Spread vanilla ice cream into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups of the cookie mixture.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread with chocolate ice cream.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loose. Remove sides of pan.
- Spread whipped cream over top and sides of dessert. Press remaining cookie crumbs into sides of dessert.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm/set.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes prior to serving.